Saturday, March 28, 2009

What now....

So yesterday i went to my follow up appointment with Dr J, we spent more than an hour with him but to tell you the truth it seems like most of the questions are still not answered. Basically Dr J said they will only have answers if we do another IVF. We got 12 eggs of which 9 fertilized which was fantastic news but the problem started after day 3, 7 eggs did not grow further. Even though we have 2 excellent embies but that does not exclude the issue of eggs quality. Again maybe it is just we had a bad bunch of eggs and next cycle it wouldn't happen. I hate this maybe things i need some answer. He also suggest that for our next cycle we use donor sperms for some eggs just to see the different between DH and donor.

So he have a lot to think about, especially coming to the issue of donor sperm, in my head the is this voice that what if we go ahead with donor sperm and we got the better quality than DH sperm what then...

DH wants us to do the next cycle right away but to tell the truth i am not sure if i am ready yet. I am still feeling sorry for myself my heart is so sore, i have been eating like a pig which make things worse. I just which that i can sleep away this problem.

Why it has to be so hard, to make thing worst my mother in law is now on our case. she has been suggesting that we go to see the Inyanga(traditional healer) , now she is pushing the issue. I am willing to do everything to have children but traditional healers is a NO NO.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think a break is a good thing. It allows you to heal. A BFN is a really big thing to deal with.

Lizzy said...

So sorry my friend i wish i can give you a hug

Anonymous said...

Oh Emmah, I'm so sosrry you never got answers. I think I'm yet another example of the fact that sometimes good IVF's just fail. I'm not in any position to offer words of wisdome or to be of comfort, I'm battling a deep depression after my own BFN, but if you need a buddy to be miserable with, I'm here for you!
xx